Question Cpu Over tempature error

Jul 15, 2022
So, recently I have been getting this error while gaming that started over 2 weeks. Eventually I went into my pc replaced the thermal paste and it stopped crashing untill a few days ago. I am not sure what to do atp which is why im here.

My specs consists of: 3090, 5950x, 64gb ram 3600 speed, Lian li galahad360, Dark hero mobo, 1000 w premium psu, 9 lian li fans in a lian li case

for some more info I ordered this back plate a couple months ago as i thrown my old one out when i origanally got my cpu fan https://www.amazon.com/DGZZI-Backplane-Heatsink-Motherboard-Mounting/dp/B084GQFFBY/ref=asc_df_B084GQFFBY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=493040148899&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6008636328728332401&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1023349&hvtargid=pla-1187928550225&psc=1

When it crashes it gives a weird buzzing noise and makes me go to the bios

Mod edit, don't use links that auto download files.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaronMal

Distinguished
Turn the PC off and check the mount for the hub to the CPU, better yet if you can, remove the cooler from the CPU, replace the paste and make sure you put enough on it, make sure there's no dust obstructing your fans on the cooler itself as well.

Jul 15, 2022
Turn the PC off and check the mount for the hub to the CPU, better yet if you can, remove the cooler from the CPU, replace the paste and make sure you put enough on it, make sure there's no dust obstructing your fans on the cooler itself as well.

My cooler is an aio so are u talking about dust on the radiator fans? Also i already tried replacing the thermal past but that inly stopped the crashing for 2 days

Jul 15, 2022
Since you redid the mount and the paste, it might be a software based issue? Are you having any temp issues, random freezes, unexpected performance issues? You mention an error, what error exactly?

My performance is fine and before crashing while gaming my cpu is around 80 degrees and 40 idle. But after a minute of running a game my pc blue screens goes into the bios with a weird buzzing noise then says “ CPU overtempature error”

Jul 15, 2022
How long have you had the cooler for? A buzzing sound might be coming from your pump either not mounted fully or failing outright, causing it not to push water, causing the overheat.
Ive had the lian li galahad 360 for 3 months(issues started 2 weeks ago), do u think it could be the backplate?