CPU over temperature error

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
I was using my PC th en go downstairs to get something to eat and before I get back the PC went in to sleep mode so I woke it up and started using it as normal but then the fans go to full speed and I see the CPU is apparently too hot around 80c.

I then restart my PC and then it refuses to let me boot saying "CPU fan speed error detected".
It gives me 2 options one is to adjust CPU fan settings in UEFI/BIOS and the 2nd is to "check make sure CPU fan cable is inserted properly".
It says to press F1 to run setup which just leads me to BIOS settings.
I reset BIOS settings to recommended default and I did that but as I had barely changed anything in BIOS besides MOBO bios recommended 7-14% OC and RAM speed from 2400 to the recommended max of 2666 stated on the box it did not make much of a difference besides quieting the fan and slightly lowering fan speeds and lowing CPU and RAM speeds ever so slightly
The other option was to check check if fan cable is properly inserted which it is I reinserted it and at this point noticed one of the AIO pipes was hotter than the other but not hot enough where I can't touch it but the temps did go down but I assume that was due to the system being idle/off
but I do think my AIO is dead I got it last year during the end of September .

SPECS (the useful stuff at least)
i7 7700K (bought before Ryzen release date back in January on discount)
Asus ROG Strix z270H
Corsair H115i AIO cooler

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
I got it within a year and the box says it has a 5 year guarantee so I would claim guarantee as I do not have the cash for another as I saved a up for months to get my PC also the RGB LED logo seems to be working fine

ExaltedNik

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Absolutely, definitely contact them for a replacement. There are many factors in an AIO, the LEDs are not telling of the actual status of the cooler. More so that it is just receiving power

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015

I was posting using my phone before but now am back on the same PC for some weird reason as I was tearing my PC apart and at least 3-4 times thought I may have damaged something along the way and as a result put some fresh thermal paste on my CPU and mounted my cooler in the front whereas it was in the top before (hard to take out and clean due to the VRM heatsinks on my MOBO and due to the fact that y case still has the 5 1/4 optical drive bays which both made it hard without removing MOBO) and it is now working for some weird reason the MOBO power cable on my Corsair RM 850x is garbage as it is hard to connect and the clip on the side is too short and the PC kept turning off (AFTER I tore apart my PC as I had to remove that cable) buit after I managed to seat the 24 pin correctly and it booted fine I have attempted 2 RMA's on the same cooler the first being in January when I built my PC I thought a screw (thumbscrew for front of CPU block on cooler) was missing when I lost it (spent hours looking for it and had to postpone my PC build till I found it by accident 2-3 weeks later )