CPU over temperature error

Jun 28, 2018
Hello, so I just bought a custom made PC, used it for 2 hours (watched YouTube, downloaded programs, no gaming),it worked fine until I restarted it. After the restart it gives me this error, I enter bios and it shows that cpu is 89 degrees. So I turn off the pc, wait a bit and turn it back on, works fine, I download speedfan and a few more softwares to monitor it and it shows 66-69 max, then I restart it again and it gives me the same error. But the CPU temp never goes below 66, even while I'm doing nothing. The motherboard is ASUS H110M-R and the cpu is pentium G4620.

Edit: So I turned it on again, went straight into bios and I monited the temperature and it just kept rising, it went from 43 to 89 in 2 minutes for no reason.

Edit 2: Turned it on again, now its idle 49 degrees and its been steady for a few minutes, haven't used the compurer. I am so confused. Could it be a bug in bios?

Solution

Well the CPU generates a lot of heat by itself and the air circulation on that case is not helping to exhaust the hot air.
The GPU and CPU are creating heat and the hot air is circulating inside the case.
You need a balance air flow, where cool air is moving in and warm air is exhausted out.
That also helps prevent dust build up inside the case.

Jun 28, 2018
It's intel's heatsink. When the computer arrived the fan cable was not plugged and I tried starting the computer and it gave me an error about that and I went into bios and the temperature was again 89 degrees but the computer wasn't even booted. Then I called the company and they told me the fan cable wasn't plugged so I plugged it in and then everything went okay until I restarted it. Currently I have only Chrome open and Speed fan and it's showing me 49 degrees which is normal.

Jun 28, 2018

CoreTemp is showing 60-65 in idle mode. I can post images of the CPU and you can see if it's correct or not, I am really a newbie with this.

Jun 28, 2018

The room temperature is around 23 to 25 degrees, The case has two fans in the front, below the on button. The power supply is on the bottom, the graphics card has 2 fans and the cpu has one fan. There are plenty of openings for the air to flow through.

https://www.vginformatica.com/pc-gaming-entry-level/vg-rig-lowbudget-intel-g4620-8gb-1050ti-4gb-1000gb-lowbudget.html

This is the computer, the case that I have is the green one. It doesn't have the huge fan on the back like on the stock image.

You should install an exhaust fan on the back or the top of the case.
Also you could move one of the front intake fans to the back or top as exhaust fan.
It seems fresh air is going inside the case but warm air might not be getting out.

Jun 28, 2018

When I place my hand on the openings there is barely any air coming out.. You think that could be what's overheating the CPU?

Well the CPU generates a lot of heat by itself and the air circulation on that case is not helping to exhaust the hot air.
The GPU and CPU are creating heat and the hot air is circulating inside the case.
You need a balance air flow, where cool air is moving in and warm air is exhausted out.
That also helps prevent dust build up inside the case.

Solution
Jun 28, 2018

I found the problem.. The CPU fan wasn't fixated to the motherboard. I have no idea how they screwed this up. I didn't even check. I fixated it and now it's all running smooth, the CPU doesn't get over 50 degrees on idle. Thank you so much for your help, just in case I'll do what you said and add one more fan so it circulates air better.