[SOLVED] CPU Overclock --- i5 2500k & GA-P67A-D3-B3

MansterZQ

Reputable
Jun 12, 2020
I have the GA-P67A-D3-B3 Rev 2 motherboard. Can I overclock the i5 2500k without having a heat sink on the power section?

Solution
Question : Do you have money enough to replace a working pc?

Anwer 1 : Yes. Ok then, you've had it since 2012 and it's getting old and slow compared to new and heavy games, go for it for as long as it lasts. Not going to hurt anything but your wallet.

Answer 2 : No money. Ok then, you need the pc to last long enough to give you time to save up for replacement, so don't OC much at all, because you have no idea how much life is left in the board, caps, psu, cpu etc and you don't have realistically nearly enough cooling.

Simple.
"Can I overclock the i5 2500k without having a heat sink on the power section? " Do you mean VRM heatsink? That is needed for sure, if you have lost the original. Google VRM heatsinks and get a right model for it, if cant find buy separate heatsinks for them, place carefully 1 at a time when motherboard is powered off.

This model dont seem to have many power phases so dont use too high voltages, 4.0ghz should be fine for all cores , maybe even with default vcore.

Reactions: MansterZQ
4100_big.jpg

Are you sure this is your board since it most definitely has a VRM heat sync? The underwhelming looking VRM and 4 pin plug doesn't seem like it would be the best for overclocking.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Question : Do you have money enough to replace a working pc?

Anwer 1 : Yes. Ok then, you've had it since 2012 and it's getting old and slow compared to new and heavy games, go for it for as long as it lasts. Not going to hurt anything but your wallet.

Answer 2 : No money. Ok then, you need the pc to last long enough to give you time to save up for replacement, so don't OC much at all, because you have no idea how much life is left in the board, caps, psu, cpu etc and you don't have realistically nearly enough cooling.

Simple.

Solution