Question CPU overclock not saving!!! Help fast

D0T

Mar 30, 2021
So i have a I5-9600k (watercooled) and when i set a frequency and voltage then save and quit the overclock is active until the next restart of my PC, then it just goes to factory settings even though in the BIOS it still shows the frequency and other settings at the values that i have set. Power options in windows are all at max performance. I was going to clear Cmos but I rather ask here first if that will help and if that's a viable option to go with. I really need help fast because when the overclock isn't active i notice stuttering in games which is losing me a lot of fights. And i don't really wan't to go into BIOS every time I start my PC just to save and quit so the overclock works.

D0T

Mar 30, 2021
What mobo? What ram? What psu? What gpu?
Full system specs
mobo- Gigabyte z390 gaming X
RAM- HyperX DDR4 fury 2x8
PSU- corsair RM 650x
GPU- MSI RTX 2060 super gaming X
(I cleared CMOS and it seemed to have worked but only for one restart and now it keeps going back to factory frequency)

D0T

Mar 30, 2021
Make sure you're following the save profile directions exactly.

If it's still not saving then you may need to replace the BIOS battery...it's usually a 2032 size battery and is mounted between the gpu slots.
I mean the thing is that it is saving but only when i go through BIOS while starting my PC. If i restart normally it's not active but then i got into BIOS and the set frequency is there.

D0T

Mar 30, 2021
Update:
Clear CMOS didn't help anything.
I updated BIOS to the newest version just now, I'm goingto check if it works now.
But if anyone has any propositions i will gladly listen.