Question CPU overheat after new GPU

Dec 16, 2019
Hi,

I just bought a new gpu and i replaced it with my old gpu and now my cpu overheats really fast, when i go into bios its already 50+ celsius,10 sec later already 60+ and goes on, if i log into windows my cpu temp already 65+ and a few second later already 90+ then its turn off.

Now if i replace it with my old gpu the issue still stays on, looks like the new gpu caused something.

I have a water cooler, the fans are working, i checked the tubes are vibrating so the pump system working i even put into an other fan header.

I even changed the thermal paste.

Then what i did is i took out the battery what was on the motherboard, then i put back a few hours later, and then the tempeture was fine i got around 35 celsius on my cpu, so i thought it worked but not really because my pc froze and restart every 15-20 min, so i took it out again and waited a few hours (if i waited only few min then it didnt work) and put it back then it fixed the freezing and my tempature was fine too it looked like it worked(i did some cpu and gpu test everything was fine).

So after that i choose to reinstall my OS(i already saved and deleted everything on my pc so i thought mine as well reinstall it).After i reinstalled my OS i was on the configuration screen(choose location, pc name etc.) It started freezing and restarting again constantly, so i couldnt finnish the config.

The last thing i did is i put my new gpu into another slot and the cpu heat problem came back after that, putting out the battery on the motherboard did not work again, now everytime i start my pc the cpu still overheat fast, it goes 100c in like a minute.

Someone have any idea what is going on?
(Sorry for my bad english)

PC spec:
CPU: I7 5820k Hexa-Core 3.3GHz
CPU cooler: Corsair H110
GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti (Old GPU: gtx 970)
GPU cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 120mm Thermaltake Water
Memory: Crucial 4x4GB DDR4 2133MHz
Motherboard: Asus X99-A
PSU: FSP Raider 750W

TRENDING THREADS