Question Cpu overheat

Feb 22, 2019
Hey this is my first time building a pc I made it yesterday and everything works but my cpu temp keep rising from 35-80plus I used the pre applied thermal paste

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
did you make sure to tighten it down properly? did you remove all the plastic casings and plastic film on all the components if there were any?

Did you make sure to plug the fan on the cooler into the CPU fan header on the motherboard and not just a regular chassis fan header?

Also, could we just get some specs such as the motherboard model, the CPU you have, and whether or not it's a stock cooler or an aftermarket cooler please.

Feb 22, 2019
When I first built it I didn’t tighten it properly but I went back in fixed it but other than that everything is correct I’m running the i5 9600k Z390 gaming plus rtx 2070

When you reinstall a cooler, you should clean off the old paste and reapply new.
What is your case, and where is the radiator mounted?

What is your temperature at idle?
If it is more than 10-15c. over ambient, your cooler is not mounted well, or it is not getting sufficient fresh air to do it's job.

Have you overclocked?

Feb 22, 2019
I haven’t overclocked my case is the Corsair spec 06 and my radiator is mounted in the from at the top and idle the cpu starts from 40 and it just keep rising it don’t stops

Sounds to me like your cooler pump may not be working.
You should be able to feel it working if you touch it.
Is the pump connected onto a motherboard header that is running full out?
Is the radiator fan header connected to the motherboard cpu fan header?