Question CPU Overheated

Oct 15, 2019
So I recently bought my own computer, well built it. And I'm currently using a I5 9600k with a Be Quiet pure rock slim. And recently I was streaming csgo until i changed to battlefield 4 and streamed and played for no problem for like 20 minutes until everything just slowed down and lagged. So I restarted and saw in the bios that the CPU was at 88 celsius. I was thinking of switching the thermal paste instead of using the stock one but i was wondering, do you think I harmed the cpu in anyway? Cause im scared of it dying or anything else or do you think switching thermal paste will just solve it and everything is fine?

While that cooler is not the beefiest, it should keep that processor in check under stock speeds.
Its highly unlikely that you damaged anything, your system is designed to downclock (the performance issues you saw) as well as shutdown if thermals get too high.
Changing the thermal paste probably wont make much difference, but I would recommend it simply because it forces you to reinstall the cooler. It may not be mounted properly.

Oct 15, 2019
While that cooler is not the beefiest, it should keep that processor in check under stock speeds.
Its highly unlikely that you damaged anything, your system is designed to downclock (the performance issues you saw) as well as shutdown if thermals get too high.
Changing the thermal paste probably wont make much difference, but I would recommend it simply because it forces you to reinstall the cooler. It may not be mounted properly.
Thank you so much!

Oct 15, 2019
So recent news I'm going to buy a Regular Be Quiet Pure Rock instead of the slim one!

Reactions: CompuTronix