[SOLVED] CPU overheating after applying new thermal paste

Apr 29, 2020
I haven't done anything different than I have before, but this time when I applied new thermal paste, my pc launches and sends me to setup where I see the CPU temp which is skyrocketing. I did check and the cpu fan was running. There's enough thermal paste on it and the heatsink is on good. I also checked the cpu to see if it was on right and if it was latched down which it was, so I'm not quite sure what the reason would be. Any ideas?

Solution
132°f is nothing. It's like 55C. That's cool for a CPU. if it was at 90-100C maybe. But 55...it's fine. Your issue is not temp issue.
Apr 29, 2020
132°f is nothing. It's like 55C. That's cool for a CPU. if it was at 90-100C maybe. But 55...it's fine. Your issue is not temp issue.
Hmm. Well originally I was checking thermal paste because I was having issues before and thought it was that or the psu. I thought that was high for cpu my bad. Maybe it is the psu and it's just gotten a lot worse.

Hmm. Well originally I was checking thermal paste because I was having issues before and thought it was that or the psu. I thought that was high for cpu my bad. Maybe it is the psu and it's just gotten a lot worse.

So what is the temperature of the CPU at idle in Windows? If it idles at 55 it's hot but it's better to know at how much it goes in intensive gaming. If it goes to 70C you're totally fine.

Please let us know what are your Idle and load temp on your CPU in Windows.

At the moment you don't have any issue that I can see of.

Apr 29, 2020
So what is the temperature of the CPU at idle in Windows? If it idles at 55 it's hot but it's better to know at how much it goes in intensive gaming. If it goes to 70C you're totally fine.

Please let us know what are your Idle and load temp on your CPU in Windows.

At the moment you don't have any issue that I can see of.
Well, I'm not really sure because it doesnt stay on long enough for me to be able to check. It just keeps shutting down.