CPU overheating after taking Fan off

Aug 24, 2018
I have never cleaned a pc before and I did some YouTube videos, Forums, etc. When I came over the fear of breaking my pc by cleaning it with compressed air. This was the first time I ever “cleaned” a pc. I decided to take off the cpu fan, and spray it with compressed air. I put everything back to place after a few struggles.

I turned on my pc and checked my temperatures, my gpu and everything was working great. The only issue is, my cpu is hitting around the 90 degree zone. I got very worried and turned off the pc immediately. This is my first prebuilt pc that I just got 4-5 months ago, and I would be very sad and dumb to have this pc to a waste. Please help, thank you.

Solution
If you removed the heatsink from the CPU, you need to clean,ALL thermal paste off of the CPU and heatsink and,reapply thermal paste and,reinstall.
Aug 24, 2018
I took off the fan, I didn’t add any new thermal paste. I made sure I plugged the pins back in, When I started the pc it was spinning louder than it was before. I took the whole heatsink part off. sorry for the lack of information.

TRENDING THREADS