Question Cpu overheating by no reason

Oct 3, 2019
Hi so i have problems with my pc after i changed psu and put everything in new case my cpu it runs about 68 degrees at idle and about 100 degrees in game laike csgo i changed termal paste and reinstalled cpu cooler (be quiet rock slim 3 heatpipes) but nothing changed cpu runns on stock
Specs:
I5 4690k 3.5 ghz
Msi h81 p33
Pure rock slim
Be quiet 600w bronze
Sry for my english

We'd have to assume the cooler is possibly not locked down/secured to surface of heat spreader correctly. Either that or you used no paste, or, did not fully clean both heat spreader and underside of heat sink? When it comes to paste, think spreading it as thinly as 1/4 the width of a sheet of think rice paper!

Make sure the fan is plugged into the CPU FAN header, and.... still turning. you might look up how to lock down your specific cooler on Youtube....; some factory sinks used lock down mechanisms that need things twisted a certain way to prep it for install...

Oct 3, 2019
We'd have to assume the cooler is possibly not locked down/secured to surface of heat spreader correctly. Either that or you used no paste, or, did not fully clean both heat spreader and underside of heat sink? When it comes to paste, think spreading it as thinly as 1/4 the width of a sheet of think rice paper!

Make sure the fan is plugged into the CPU FAN header, and.... still turning. you might look up how to lock down your specific cooler on Youtube....; some factory sinks used lock down mechanisms that need things twisted a certain way to prep it for install...
The cpu fan is installed 100% correctly and about termal paste i cleaned old form cpu and cpu cooler and installed new one. Fan is plugged in and works
And it's very easy to install this fan so there is no way i installed it incorrectly

Intel sinks/fans have never known to really be suitable for much other than temp solutions for desktop usage, and many processors have been on the verge of throttling for years, unbeknownst to their owners. Perhaps your core voltage is a tad high, although normally 'auto' results in acceptable behavior...

You might try to see if Intel's XTU will allow you to undervolt in .01V increments...

Or, get a Mugen5, which cools up through a 9700K at least adequately... (you can take it with you next upgrade)

Oct 3, 2019
Intel sinks/fans have never known to really be suitable for much other than temp solutions for desktop usage, and many processors have been on the verge of throttling for years, unbeknownst to their owners. Perhaps your core voltage is a tad high, although normally 'auto' results in acceptable behavior...

You might try to see if Intel's XTU will allow you to undervolt in .01V increments...

Or, get a Mugen5, which cools up through a 9700K at least adequately... (you can take it with you next upgrade)
Yes actually core voltage could be problem. Because when i bought this cpu voltage was 1.76 i was little confused but i tought that cpu will instantlly die with voltage like that so i played games on it about 6 months but temp was good like a 38 at idle and 55 under load

Oct 3, 2019
Actually there is a problem cpu is running at unbelivable high voltage 1.76v on my mb i put my cpu at friends pc and in bios show's 1.1v so i'm little bit confused becuse i have budget mb and i can't lower my voltage

TRENDING THREADS