CPU Overheating. Cleaning Fans / Pc doesn't help! Whats wrong!

dmukgaming

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Recently i have noticed my CPU (AMD Phenom II x6 1055t 2.8ghz) has been overheating often reaching 65+ degrees while playing games (62 degrees being the max for this CPU) At first i thought it was just the fact i had not cleaned my pc in a while so i took it out and had a massive clean out using an air compressor. I plugged it all back in to find the temperatures had not changed and my CPU was still overheating!

I did not build much of my pc myself, only ever changed the graphics card and power supply so i do not know anything about the cooling i am using on my CPU. All i know is it has been working just fine until recently. Here are some pictures of inside my pc which i hope will help

http://imgur.com/WHvpIs

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

-Danny

bluerotkev

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
I'd be inclined to replace the thermal paste, Arctic Silver is still the way to go and doesn't cost the earth. Let me know if you need step by steps getting the water loops off and carefully cleaning the CPU.

dmukgaming

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Thanks, I have ordered some thermal paste and i know how to remove and replace it but im not sure about "cleaning the water loops" can you give me some idea of how to do it please :)

Thanks

-Danny

dmukgaming

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Can anyone give me some advice on how i should properly remove, clean and remount my cooling setup and CPU? I dont know what to do when it comes to the rad and tubes etc. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

-Danny