[SOLVED] Cpu overheating even after repaste and cleaning

Oct 10, 2020
Okay so i have this problem, my laptop was originally overheating so i took it to a pc repair shop where they deep cleaned and repasted it, but the problem persisted probably even got worse (before cleaning 90-95°C) and (after cleaning 90-100°) i took it back to the repair shop to see if they could diagnose the problem, which they tried to, but couldn't, the fans are working at full speed, the laptop is clean, they even checked the hdd and ssd to see if any of those was damaged, but none of them was, now my laptop is still in the repair shop. They said that my motherboard sensors could be the problem. (i have good idle temps 34-50°C)
Can someone please help

Solution
When was the laptop CPU temp fine and dandy until it went to 100c? Laptops do get hot and the heatsink can be the issue as stated above or the sensors. If you use HWmonitor or your choice of app and see these high temps I doubt its the motherboard sensor. In general laptops get way hotter then desktops. At 100c Im shocked that CPU is still breathing as on a desktop I do know that once you reach your TJ MAX the computer shuts off to save the life of the CPU. I assume your laptop continues to work at 100c. This can be normal to continue working as I am not sure your laptop has that built in option to shut down once you reach a certain temp. At 100c that is unacceptable something is wrong here. I urge you to try as many temp apps as...

TheNightTerror

Prominent
Feb 3, 2020
Did they make sure to have proper mounting pressure on the CPU? It probably is either that or the CPU temperature sensors are malfunctioning as you stated. Also, did they replace the heatsink? It is highly unlikely, but it could be damaged in a way that makes it work improperly. Also, providing the laptop model number may be helpful to more knowledgable people who know more about specific models. I hope I could help!

Oct 10, 2020
Did they make sure to have proper mounting pressure on the CPU? It probably is either that or the CPU temperature sensors are malfunctioning as you stated. Also, did they replace the heatsink? It is highly unlikely, but it could be damaged in a way that makes it work improperly. Also, providing the laptop model number may be helpful to more knowledgable people who know more about specific models. I hope I could help!
Yes i took it back to the store to check the mounting pressure again, but thanks for the reply, we're mist likely going to change the heat sensors. I hope it will fix it

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
When was the laptop CPU temp fine and dandy until it went to 100c? Laptops do get hot and the heatsink can be the issue as stated above or the sensors. If you use HWmonitor or your choice of app and see these high temps I doubt its the motherboard sensor. In general laptops get way hotter then desktops. At 100c Im shocked that CPU is still breathing as on a desktop I do know that once you reach your TJ MAX the computer shuts off to save the life of the CPU. I assume your laptop continues to work at 100c. This can be normal to continue working as I am not sure your laptop has that built in option to shut down once you reach a certain temp. At 100c that is unacceptable something is wrong here. I urge you to try as many temp apps as you can. As perhaps the one your using is not talking well with the sensors. Try that theres plenty out there and Aida64 is the more complete package so check with that. If you see the high temps I really doubt the sensor is off. Something else is causing this and apparently your support you got is not helping. For the interim I would personally get a laptop cooling device. You sit the laptop on it and it has a fan or fans that blow directly to the bottom of the laptop. I would do this until we can figure out whats going on but that will cost you money. Do research and buy the cheapest one you can get that has hopefully 2 fans but possibly only one. Try this for now until we figure out whats going on because using that laptop at 100c CPU temp is not healthy at all especially for long durations. You don't wanna brick the unit ya know; It is sorta worth it to get a laptop cooling device. Better then blowing up the CPU or something else then your in a big hole. Anyhow good luck my friend.✝☮🤷‍♀️🙈

Solution

TRENDING THREADS