Question Cpu overheating for some reason

Jul 30, 2022
I bought a gaming pre-built Asus from best buy 7 months ago. As soon as I read the comments I ordered a liquid cooler with it (msi 240r). I didn't have much problems with it for a long time. Sometimes it went up to 80 degrees but rarely. Couple days ago it went up to 100 degrees making noise like a freaking airplane. I shut it of. Then replaced thermal paste, took out the cooler and put it back on. Everything seems fine fans of the cooler work. Pump of the cooler works very well.Only thing was that while it was booting, a message appeared to me CPU FAN SPEED Problem. (I don't know if I plugged one of the cables of the liquid cooler wrong) Cpu still gets to 100 degress without doing anything just booting it up. I have no idea what changed over a day one day it was working fine, other day almost shut itself off.

I don’t know if this is possible but even though cooler pump works fine like 4000rpm i suspect there may be a problem with the liquid cooler.
Processor (CPU)
Intel 11th Generation Core i7-11700F
Motherboard
ASUS Strix 8560-G
Memory (RAM)
16GB dont really know the brand and model
Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Processor Cooling
MAG CORELIQUID 240R

Also I got 1 fan in the case

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...070-1tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455823.p?skuId=6455823

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
PSU?

Make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bitcoin mining?

PSU does not seem to be listed in the specs........

Noted "750W 80 plus Gold " as a response to one posted question - manufacturer = ?

Physically check to determine what PSU is actually installed. In many cases manufacturers reserve the right to make changes......