[SOLVED] CPU Overheating I7-5k

snackthegreat

Prominent
Jan 3, 2019
So recently my CPU has been overheating to up to 94 celsius on various games. I re applied my thermal paste and my paste is not the issue. My CPU is not overclocked. My cooler is a Corsair h100i V2 The pump and fan are running full speed just fine. The input and output tubes are different tempratures, my radiator is hot on one side cold on the other. Any help?

Solution
The h100i V2 should have no trouble keeping that CPU cool. Either the CPU temp reading is wrong or there is an issue with the water cooler.

Did your system come with a stock cooler (and do you still have it)? Easy test ... drop a cheap air cooler on there and compare temps.
The h100i V2 should have no trouble keeping that CPU cool. Either the CPU temp reading is wrong or there is an issue with the water cooler.

Did your system come with a stock cooler (and do you still have it)? Easy test ... drop a cheap air cooler on there and compare temps.

Solution

snackthegreat

Prominent
Jan 3, 2019
No my system came with the h100i v2. The temprature never goes over 94 all of my cores hit 94 but never go above so it may be a issue with the thermometer. Ill try an external laser thermometer on the cpu and see if that helps.