Question Cpu overheating issues

Aug 31, 2022
Hello, recently my pc started blue screening and shutting down when gaming so I decided to check the temps and sure enough the cpu was getting hot. I bought some Arctic MX-4 and reapplied the thermal paste and ran some benchmarks and the cpu was reaching 114 - 115 Celsius in just a few seconds then when I stopped the benchmark it would go back to 30 - 40 Celsius almost instantly so that didn’t solve the issue. Then I thought maybe the AIO went bad so I swapped it with an air cooler and cpu was still instantly going to 114 - 115 when benchmarking. I then thought maybe my cpu was faulty and was super heating so I replaced it (i7-11700KF) with a new (i9-11900K) and my temps where still the same so now I’m stumped and not sure what’s wrong if anyone could help I would appreciate it thanks.

PC Specs:
i9-11900K
ASRock Z590-c/ac
iBUYPOWER 240mm AIO
2 8GB TForce Delta RGB RAM
GIGABYTE RTX 3080Ti Gaming OC

have you reset/defaulted the BIOS?

What core voltage is seemingly applied under load when glancing at HWMonitor, specifically under Voltages/V-core , and, then note temps shown under 'temps/package' and 'temps/cores'?

WHat 'air cooler' was being used? (naturally, not all 'air coolers' are going to handle an i9-11900K. A Noctua NH-D15 naturally would fare much better than a small factory heat sink you had left over from an i3-8100, for example)

Aug 31, 2022
Yes I have reset/defaulted BIOS and my v-core voltage is around 1.35. I’m not sure what air cooler was used, I took it to a PC repair place and they said they swapped the AIO with an air cooler and said the AIO is working fine. (Btw this was all done on my old i7-11700KF where the overheating started) then I swapped it to an i9-11900K and still same results except idle temp is cooler. My next thought was maybe the MOBO was the problem.