[SOLVED] CPU Overheating on IDLE

siegiraid1

Honorable
Oct 13, 2018
Product: HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-Ec0011nb

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

Hello, I've been using my gaming laptop for a couple of months with literally 0 problems I've played heavy games and the temperatures never surpassed 85 degrees. But one day when I booted up my laptop it asked me to update my BIOS to f.08 before booting up windows 10. I didn't care at all so I updated. Literally the moment I updated my bios my laptop fans started blasting and my IDLE temps are 93c degrees!!!!!! All I can do right now is use ryzen controller to limit my cpu temperature to 70 but my performance is garbage when I use ryzen Controller. I've updated to the latest f.10 update with NO luck. Don't ask me to contact HP or go to a service center because all of that already happened. I need a fix for this. One small bios update ruined my whole laptop. I can't play games my laptop just turns off when i launch a game because temps surpass 100c degrees.

Solution

Hello, I've been using my gaming laptop for a couple of months with literally 0 problems I've played heavy games and the temperatures never surpassed 85 degrees. But one day when I booted up my laptop it asked me to update my BIOS to f.08 before booting up windows 10. I didn't care at all so I updated. Literally the moment I updated my bios my laptop fans started blasting and my IDLE temps are 93c degrees!!!!!! All I can do right now is use ryzen controller to limit my cpu temperature to 70 but my performance is garbage when I use ryzen Controller. I've updated to the latest f.10 update with NO luck. Don't ask me to contact HP or go to a...

Ferimer

Distinguished

Hello, I've been using my gaming laptop for a couple of months with literally 0 problems I've played heavy games and the temperatures never surpassed 85 degrees. But one day when I booted up my laptop it asked me to update my BIOS to f.08 before booting up windows 10. I didn't care at all so I updated. Literally the moment I updated my bios my laptop fans started blasting and my IDLE temps are 93c degrees!!!!!! All I can do right now is use ryzen controller to limit my cpu temperature to 70 but my performance is garbage when I use ryzen Controller. I've updated to the latest f.10 update with NO luck. Don't ask me to contact HP or go to a service center because all of that already happened. I need a fix for this. One small bios update ruined my whole laptop. I can't play games my laptop just turns off when i launch a game because temps surpass 100c degrees.
When you say "started blasting" you mean went 100% RPM? if so I think it may have blew a lot of dust some places and messed up some thermal paste or dust is lodged somewhere blocking air intake. You could try cleaning it and and changing thermal pastes to see if that remedies the issue

Solution

TRENDING THREADS