[SOLVED] CPU overheating on MSI GS66 ?

Feb 15, 2021
Hi. I have MSI GS66 for 6 months. And now I have serious CPU overheating problem while gaming. When I open game like pes 21, rdr2 and others I get instantly 90-95 C . I have tried everything like deleted windows updates and reinstalled, updating msi dragon center, changing processor power management and others(only I haven't tried undervolting and pc reset). Nothing have changed since I tried every solution I have founded on internet. I will be glad to hear solution without undervolting and pc reset
P.S When I open game(rdr2) all my GPU (95-100)and CPU(40-50) usage is normal. All my fans works perfectly.

Solution
Hey there,

Check out this thread: Question - [HELP] GTA V stutters every couple of minutes! | Tom's Hardware Forum

There are some options to look at, but if your temps are consistently high, you may speak with MSI.

Options to reduce temps.

1. Laptop Cooling Pad
  2. Undervolt CPU and/or GPU
  3. Replace thermal paste on CPU/GPU.
  4. Ensure laptop has some clearance underneath so that cooler air can get into your fans. (Assuming the intakes are on the bottom of your Laptop.
Hey there,

Check out this thread: Question - [HELP] GTA V stutters every couple of minutes! | Tom's Hardware Forum

There are some options to look at, but if your temps are consistently high, you may speak with MSI.

Options to reduce temps.

1. Laptop Cooling Pad
  2. Undervolt CPU and/or GPU
  3. Replace thermal paste on CPU/GPU.
  4. Ensure laptop has some clearance underneath so that cooler air can get into your fans. (Assuming the intakes are on the bottom of your Laptop.

Solution