CPU Overheating or bad gpu?

Pintr_

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
Lately on csgo I've been experiencing some serious FPS drops while playin in 16-man deathmatch servers. I have a amd 7870 video card and fx-6300 cpu. I do weekly dust removal to avoid heating problems but im still not sure why my fps is dropping? The card gets me 180-190'ish fps which i find odd b/c ik the card is more capable of that? idk what limiting its power? and i also unlocked my cpu cores to 5 rather than 2 which was where it was originally. sorry for the lack of grammar but this is my first post :p thanks in advance for any help or tips :)

Roti-Kebab

Reputable
May 12, 2015

Could you post ingame temps of your cpu and gpu along with gpu power usage using MSI afterburner OSD?

Pintr_

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
thats my second problem, i have msi afterburner but im having problems finding where i can find my ingame temps. And im running csgo with 1280 x 960 resolution. And all settings low/medium.

Pintr_

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
so i was able to get a read on my gpu temps and within 5+ minutes of playin csgo in 16 man tdm, it went from 20 to 40 o_O last time i cleaned out my pc i did see a clunk of dust/hair inside the gpu so idk if maybe thats whats causing the fps drops? and i was able to reach 200 FPS when the card was at 20 degrrees. And last few days i've defraged the pc for hours so thats what im assuming gave me the extra fps :p