[SOLVED] CPU overheating problem? Even with the new CPU fan

Andrejee

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
Hi this is the problem related to CPU or the motherboard.
I have Intel CPU Q8200, 2,33 Ghz and socket 775 fan. Mobo is Ga g41m2esl. 4 GB RAM. Nvidia Geforce 210.

Everything worked fine until I've decided to clean everything properly, so I've detached computer and started cleaning the fan and I broke pins. However, I found new pins. I reattached everything and connected and it didn't want to turn on. I realised I haven't attached the front panel cabels properly. I did that and the computer started to work.

However, it shuted down after a few minutes. And that's the problem I have. Everything is fine. I just attached motherboard on 2 "pins" not on 4 like before because I couldn't manage to do that.
I ve tried running CP support for Windows 10, checking the system health, but it stopped analyzing at 48%. However, the program was working. No bugs.
After that I decided to check the BIOS. And the t in C was rising to 60 to 70 degrees of the CPU. That was huge! The socket fan was working properly in BIOS with its speed of more than 2000 units.
I have a BIOS setting that it should warn me when CPU comes to 80 degrees. But is that the reason why is the computer shooting down?
I mean, even if it wasn't the reason, even if I could bypass that, that t of the CPU is a problem.

So what to do? What is the issue here? How to check whether the motherboard or the CPU or the FAN is the problem? And how to fix this bymyself. This problem never occured before I started cleaning. How to check in BIOS what's the problem or online? What is not working?
Edit, it s working right now before it shuts. But I don't know will it shut down. It certainly will.

Thanks in advance!

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Start up the system with the case open and see what exactly's going on. Take note if all the fans are working or not. If you can get into Windows, use HWMonitor or similar to keep track of the fan speeds and temperatures.

Also check your BIOS for CPU fan detection options. It's possible that there could be some setting where the system will shut down if it doesn't detect any CPU fan activity now that you switched fan power.

You could try a fan > molex connector as well.

Reactions: Andrejee

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
and I broke pins. However, I found new pins.
So instead of reattaching the cpu cooler fan wire to the cpu cooler fan header, you stuck the plug on '2 pins' that you found somewhere else on the motherboard? That are guaranteed not to be anything related to fan support, and most likely are either cmos reset pins, audio pins, motherboard testing pins or something totally unrelated since those old 775 mobo's really didn't have any spare headers, just cpu and 1x exhaust header.

In a word, the mobo is bunk, toast, done and over with.

Last edited:

Andrejee

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
Hi. thanks for answers.

@Fix_that_Glitch
I attached the motherboard on two top screws on the case, but now I have attached it on 4 screws. That doesn't matter I guess.
I bought new Cooler Master tx3 EVO. And attached it.

@dstin
Thanks, but the fans are working. They are spinning. Both before and after.
BIOS settings - I've said, I've turned on the BIOS warning when CPU reaches 80 degrees. I've said in the post - BIOS does detect the fan, both now... old one and the new one. I ve checked the molex connector. Everything is fine there. BIOS detects the CPU fan and the CPU, respectively. Just the temperature problem is a warning. Cause now is about 50 degrees in C and I only have opened google chromes and openhardwaremonitor.
I ve done everything properly when it comes to the installing of the new fan. I applied even a thermal paste at the bottom of the fan.

@Karadjgne
To be straight - I mispronounced 2 pins. Those were 2 screws which I used to attach the mobo to the case.

@toniplavna
Yes! That's the problem. My CPU is overheating. How to fix that?
Fans are working.
I ve installed it and it "clicked".

Andrejee

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
It seems it's ok now.
The starting T in C in BIOS iz 17 degrees which is a drastic change compared to starting temperature with the stock cooler. It doesn't shoot down. I've updated the BIOS.
I ve run restorehealth in command prompt and it showed that there are no any damages on the motherboard.

The only problem is the temperature of the CPU. Open Hardware Monitor says that it is 50 degrees. Maybe that's idle for the Quad qore Intel q8200. I'll leave the computer overnight to sleep and hope it won't shoot down.

Thanks on your help.

toniplavna

Reputable
Dec 4, 2016
It seems it's ok now.
The starting T in C in BIOS iz 17 degrees which is a drastic change compared to starting temperature with the stock cooler. It doesn't shoot down. I've updated the BIOS.
I ve run restorehealth in command prompt and it showed that there are no any damages on the motherboard.

The only problem is the temperature of the CPU. Open Hardware Monitor says that it is 50 degrees. Maybe that's idle for the Quad qore Intel q8200. I'll leave the computer overnight to sleep and hope it won't shoot down.

Thanks on your help.

50 on idle is high but with stock or crappy cooler, that is not abnormal for those CPUs. I had Q9300, OCed to 2800mhz and I had idle around 50celsius.

Andrejee

Prominent
Nov 3, 2019
Well, tX3 Evo Cooler Master should have decreased the temperature much more. But, I guess it's ok now like this. It's 50 on idle and it goes to max 60 on max load. So it's weird.
Thanks on answer.