[SOLVED] CPU overheating to 90°C w/ new liquid cooler

Feb 22, 2019
I just bought a brand new dual fan liquid cooler, because my cpu was overheating to 90°c and would crash my pc. I installed the new liquid cooler, and there was no change in the CPU temperature after. PLEASE HELP

Solution
What liquid cooler.
How precisely did you follow directions (that includes remembering to pull the safety plastic off the pump base)
Did you use the correct standoffs for your cpu? Or use the other ones because they looked nicer? (Intel is usually silver, amd is usually like a black chrome, different heights)
Is it tight? Or is it as more than a few posts have seen, not tight enough because of fear of damaging the cpu?
Have you downloaded the latest/last bios and motherboard chipset drivers? (same place, not the ones for your graphics card)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What liquid cooler.
How precisely did you follow directions (that includes remembering to pull the safety plastic off the pump base)
Did you use the correct standoffs for your cpu? Or use the other ones because they looked nicer? (Intel is usually silver, amd is usually like a black chrome, different heights)
Is it tight? Or is it as more than a few posts have seen, not tight enough because of fear of damaging the cpu?
Have you downloaded the latest/last bios and motherboard chipset drivers? (same place, not the ones for your graphics card)

Solution

Latest posts