Question CPU overheating while idle and in BIOS

Feb 23, 2022
As the title says, my PC has out of nowhere developed a cooling issue. My CPU will reach temps of 90-100 celsius while idle or in the BIOS. The PC is relatively new, bought the NZXT H1 Mini Pro back in January. I figured the pump might be dead but it still reads at around 4200RPMs and I can feel the tubes vibrating slightly. I have tried to reapply thermal paste and have even replaced the radiator fan.

Feb 23, 2022
To include more details, the AIO is a 140mm version of the NZXT Kraken. I'm using default fan curve, CPU is not over locked. Ambient room temps are usually 70. GPU temps are normal. The H1 case doesn't allow for case fans so the only fan is the one attached to the radiator.

Feb 23, 2022
Hey there,

Is it the one with a 10700k and 3080ti?

Are both tubes on the AIO warm to touch? Or is one slightly cooler?

With your ambient temp at about 21c/70f your idle temps should be about 35-40c. Seems something is up alright.

It's the one withhh the 10700KF and the 3060ti. I have the 2021 version of the H1 so you wont see it listed on their website. And yes, my temps are much higher than 35-40c. Both tubes really don't let off much of any feel, just vibrates.

Feb 23, 2022
High probability that the cooler is clogged.
If I recall correctly, that CLC is a thin one made exclusively for the H1 Mini Pro; a normal one wouldn't fit? That would leave you to get a replacement from NZXT.
That's what I was planning on doing but they take forever to RMA anything. I was wondering if there is anything I can do myself to unclog it?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That's what I was planning on doing but they take forever to RMA anything. I was wondering if there is anything I can do myself to unclog it?
Negative.
If it were an All In One, you could, as they use some custom loop parts, making flushing, refilling, and part replacement(some) possible... instead, it's a Closed Loop Cooler, which you can't service yourself without breaking it in some manner. :/

Feb 23, 2022
Negative.
If it were an All In One, you could, as they use some custom loop parts, making flushing, refilling, and part replacement(some) possible... instead, it's a Closed Loop Cooler, which you can't service yourself without breaking it in some manner. :/
I've seen some videos online and it seems like I would be able to drain it and refill it, do you think it would help?