CPU Overheating with Watercooling!

Jun 18, 2018
Hello there. So.. i got a problem.

I got a i5-8600K with a Corsair H100i V2 240mm (AIO). And i am hitting 70-90 degrees celcius when playing Rainow Six Siege. I hit 35-60 degrees on my CPU when browsing and listening to music.

In my PC case I got 3 x 120mm intake fans in the front. 1 x 140mm exhaust fan in the back and 2 x 120mm as exhaust in the top, on my 240mm radiator.

(My GTX 1060 OC 6GB is staying on a steady 55 degrees under work load and 45 while browsing and listening to music.)

I Get around 160 FPS+ when i start up Rainow Six Siege at first, then it slowly decreases to 130 FPS and even 107 FPS after running a while, gaming.

My AIO is running and everything is plugged in. Also tried reomoving factory paste and re-applying some fresh thermal paste.
(The pump is plugged in to it's dedicated socket (AIO_PUMP). )

Please help me. I really don't know why my CPU is running so hot. Thank you.

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
First, although it's warmer than it should be, it's technically not overheating.

When you get 70-90C temps, what is the coolant temperature? What's your ambient temperature? What's the internal case temperatures?

When you reduce load, how quickly do temps go down?

What are your temperatures like just after booting?

While it's possible that your AIO is beginning to go, it's far from certain at this point.