Question Cpu overheating

Malik_13

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
I bought a new motherboard ( asus P5PKL-AM SE ) and new processor core 2 dou e8400. I assembled everything started my computer let it started for 5m then I restart the computer to install windows 10 everything was going good but when window showed getting ready it restarted and showed cpu overheat error. my processor fan one leg is broken other three are perfectly fitted. I applied almost 2 drops of thermal paste.

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
I bought a new motherboard ( asus P5PKL-AM SE ) and new processor core 2 dou e8400. I assembled everything started my computer let it started for 5m then I restart the computer to install windows 10 everything was going good but when window showed getting ready it restarted and showed cpu overheat error. my processor fan one leg is broken other three are perfectly fitted. I applied almost 2 drops of thermal paste.

two drops as in? Use a drop like a pea size in the center, that will do, too much can cause negative effect on cooling. You only need it to be a thin layer and I am pretty sure the cpu is over heating because of the missing leg, as there is no equal pressure from all the sides on the processor, which leads to poor contact between the cpu and cooler. Try getting a cheap cooler maybe like a used stock intel cooler to check whether if it is the broken coolers problem.

Reactions: Malik_13

Malik_13

Reputable
Mar 11, 2016
two drops as in? Use a drop like a pea size in the center, that will do, too much can cause negative effect on cooling. You only need it to be a thin layer and I am pretty sure the cpu is over heating because of the missing leg, as there is no equal pressure from all the sides on the processor, which leads to poor contact between the cpu and cooler. Try getting a cheap cooler maybe like a used stock intel cooler to check whether if it is the broken coolers problem.
thank you. problem was with leg and I changed the cooler and it's fine now.

TRENDING THREADS