[SOLVED] CPU overheating

Apr 4, 2020
CPU hits 96 Celsius while being water cooled, water block gets extremely hot and turns water boiling hot any suggestions on what’s wrong? I’ve already tried re sitting the water block and applying new thermal paste still no luck

Apr 4, 2020
12gb ram 256gb ssd seasonic 550w 4 red led 120mm fans 2 black yatte fans 120mm Ibuypower case with red led 160gb hard drive and all ik about the cpu is it’s 6core/12core 4.0ghz and it’s I7

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
But when I turn it on it makes noise and sucks all the water from one of the tubes but that’s all
Then it's either clogged or broken. These pumps aren't invulnerable. These units break down, corrode, or get clogged over time, after which you replace the entire unit.

water block gets extremely hot and turns water boiling hot
Sounds like the pump is done for.

Reactions: IneedhelpRN
Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
How do I clean it if it’s clogged or should I just buy a new one?
You don't. They weren't intended for that. AIOs are a simple, EZ mode alternative to liquid cooling; set it up and forget it... until it eventually breaks.
If the cooler is still under warranty, you should be able to get a free replacement. If not, you'll need to buy a new cooler.

Reactions: IneedhelpRN
Apr 4, 2020
You don't. They weren't intended for that. AIOs are a simple, EZ mode alternative to liquid cooling; set it up and forget it... until it eventually breaks.
If the cooler is still under warranty, you should be able to get a free replacement. If not, you'll need to buy a new cooler.
Link to any good cheap coolers?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well it’s has a 240mm radiator so ig the same size one?
Oh! Well that just makes this much easier:
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair H100x 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler - not to be confused with the ML240'L' model, which kind of sucks.
Deepcool CASTLE 240EX 64.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Silverstone PF240-ARGB 94 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Those are some of the best cheap 240mm options.