[SOLVED] CPU overheating

Apr 8, 2020
The PC in question is here: https://skytechgaming.com/product/a...on-rx-580-4gb-gddr5-1tb-7200-rpm-hdd-8gb-ram/

So I'm running into a problem where when I launch a game it'll crash about 5 minutes in and lead me to my desktop. Before, it would restart my whole computer. I've had this pc for about 2 years and have been experiencing these problems for the last two weeks. I'm not really sure where to begin diagnosing the problem? I've run taskbar during the game and nothing seems to be being used at high rates, but when I run speccy it reads a 90 degree celsius CPU. And honestly, as my name suggests, this is kind of where I'm lost. What do I do next? could the CPU be a coincidence and unrelated to my game crashing? I don't know.

Solution
run a 3rd party OSD via your GPU control software or something like MSI Afterburner.
this will show the live temperatures while gaming.

what case are you using, what fans and how are they setup? post an image of the interior of the case.
what CPU cooler?
and what type of fan speed curve profiles have you setup?
post the complete system specs here.
run a 3rd party OSD via your GPU control software or something like MSI Afterburner.
this will show the live temperatures while gaming.

what case are you using, what fans and how are they setup? post an image of the interior of the case.
what CPU cooler?
and what type of fan speed curve profiles have you setup?
post the complete system specs here.

Solution