[SOLVED] cpu overheating

May 4, 2020
Hello

I built my gaming pc around 4 years ago. Everything was running absolutely fine, until around one month ago, when it started overheating to crazy levels. I have changed absolutely nothing regarding hardware or software.
On idle my cores are around 50 C – 60C, even as soon as I turn my pc on. Opening steam drives the four core temperatures to around 60C-70C, running any game makes it go to over 90C in a matter of minutes and eventually crashing. Nothing else is overheating. One of the hoses of my corsair h80 cooler feels cold to the touch, and one feels warm (but not too much). The heat-sinker feels cold.

My specs:
processor: intel core i5-4670k
cooler: corsair h80
GPU: Gforce GTX780
Power supplier: corsair RM650
(I have NEVER overclocked)

Solutions tried (that didn’t solve the issue):
  • Cleaned everything with compressed air
  • Reapplied thermal paste
  • Reattached the cooler and the heatsinker
  • Checked fans' direction
  • Tried laying the pc tower on its side
  • cried
Anyone has any idea what could be the issue?

Edited regarding the warmth of the hoses.

Last edited:
Solution
I don't have the stock heatsink anymore :(
Do you think having both hoses cold indicates a dead pump? If so, that means a new cooler/heatsink, right?
then the temps wud rise to 100 and over even in bios... try and change the thermal paste... also try to hear if the pump is making any noise like water circulating...
May 4, 2020
Do you think maybe the pump died ? Put the stock heatsink on and see
I don't have the stock heatsink anymore :(
I edited the post to explain one of the hoses feels cold and one feels warm. Heatsinker is cold. If the pump is a goner, that means a new cooler/heatsink, right?

Last edited: