[SOLVED] CPU overheating

Oct 10, 2021
I have this problem where my CPU is overheating when I am playing certain games and sometimes the computer just goes off when the tepmeratures go too high. My CPU is I7 7700K and I am using a stock intel cooler.

Solution
Todor_Todorov,

The 91 Watt TDP i7-7700K did not ship with Intel's specified 130 Watt TDP stock cooler, which is sold separately.

If you're using the correct "stock" cooler, which is rather tall, then you've purchased it separately, or it came as part of a pre-assembled computer. Otherwise, you're using an Intel stock cooler from an earlier CPU, which is either the 95 Watt version that's aluminum with a copper slug in the bottom, or the 65 Watt version that's all aluminum.

So exactly which "stock" cooler do you have?

Intel Stock Coolers

CT :sol:

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Todor_Todorov,

The 91 Watt TDP i7-7700K did not ship with Intel's specified 130 Watt TDP stock cooler, which is sold separately.

If you're using the correct "stock" cooler, which is rather tall, then you've purchased it separately, or it came as part of a pre-assembled computer. Otherwise, you're using an Intel stock cooler from an earlier CPU, which is either the 95 Watt version that's aluminum with a copper slug in the bottom, or the 65 Watt version that's all aluminum.

So exactly which "stock" cooler do you have?

Intel Stock Coolers

CT :sol:

Solution