May 6, 2023
I jsut updated my computer MB cpu memory and hd from ryzen 5 2600
ryzen 9 5950x
tuf gaming a 520 m with wifi fi
64 g ram ddr 4
nvidia 3060 ti
m.2 tb
stock cooler.
anyone know why this would overheat from the start? does this require water cooling? i loaded optimized bios defaults but its still overheaatiing and i am getting a bios cpu hot over temp warning?

thanks!

May 6, 2023
thanks, its seemed too obvious of an answer, wasnt sure if i was overlooking someting simple i did wrong on the install. thanks a lot for the quick response i just ordered a liquid cooler
What liquid cooler did you order?
What is the make/model of your case?
AIO coolers can have issues and may not be your best solution.
As always, it is best to ask questions BEFORE you buy.

May 6, 2023
What liquid cooler did you order?
What is the make/model of your case?
AIO coolers can have issues and may not be your best solution.
As always, it is best to ask questions BEFORE you buy.

Dracaena 120mm AIO CPU Cooler, 120mm Radiator, Leakproof Technology,High Flow Pump,RGB Liquid Cooling System for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA 1700*/1200/115X

this is the origninal box and computer:​

May 6, 2023

Dracaena 120mm AIO CPU Cooler, 120mm Radiator, Leakproof Technology,High Flow Pump,RGB Liquid Cooling System for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA 1700*/1200/115X​

this is the origninal box and computer:​

I actually cancelled that order after thinking about the last posters list. and got one from that list he provided

ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB - Multi-Compatible All-in-one CPU AIO Water Cooler with A-RGB, Compatible with Intel & AMD, PWM-Controlled Pump, Fan Speed: 200-1800 RPM, LGA1700 Compatible - Black​

Visit the ARCTIC Store

will this suffice?

You have to realize that liquid cooling is actually air cooling.
The difference is where the heat exchange takes place.
In a 240 aio cooler, you essentially have two 120mm radiators of varying capacities.
The cooling capability is determined by the volume of the radiators. They might be 38mm deep.
Compare to the thermalright peerless asassin($40) and you will see that the air cooler tower volume is comparable.
In fact the cooling is comparable.
Here is a review:
Aio coolers have a limited useful lifespan.
In time the mechanical pump will get clogged or fail.
Air will enter the system, permeating through the coolant hoses and the unit will need to be replaced.
Leaks are rare, but are disastrous if they happen.
Noise should be less with 1500 rpm fans.

May 6, 2023
so its pretty objective either it cools it enough or not. so yeah i will give it a try order that, and if it cools it great. if not ill find another solution. and if cheaper solves the problem more the better. thanks for everyone's help!

D

Deleted member 2838871

I’ll second the air cooler recommendation. I used AIOs for years and never had a problem… but when a good air cooler can do an equal or better job at half the cost without the potential for catastrophic damage due to leaks it’s a win in my book.

Having a CPU with great thermals also helps…

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I actually suggest that instead of a tower air cooler, (and particularly water cooling) that you consider a 'pancake" or downdraft cooler. Even if you utilized something like the Wraith Prism (or whatever that fancy stock cooler is called). That CPU on the VRM of an A chipset is a problem waiting to happen. If that is not do-able I would then change over to a brace of case fans to allow for high airflow over the motherboard that way.

My suggestion, long term, is to find a more suitable motherboard for a CPU that powerful.

May 6, 2023
You have to realize that liquid cooling is actually air cooling.
The difference is where the heat exchange takes place.
In a 240 aio cooler, you essentially have two 120mm radiators of varying capacities.
The cooling capability is determined by the volume of the radiators. They might be 38mm deep.
Compare to the thermalright peerless asassin($40) and you will see that the air cooler tower volume is comparable.
In fact the cooling is comparable.
Here is a review:
Aio coolers have a limited useful lifespan.
In time the mechanical pump will get clogged or fail.
Air will enter the system, permeating through the coolant hoses and the unit will need to be replaced.
Leaks are rare, but are disastrous if they happen.
Noise should be less with 1500 rpm fans.
Thanks for all your help! the assassain was easy enough and fix the issue its ideling at 47 c now and 59 c with running windows. ! appreciate al the help