Question CPU Overheating

Jan 6, 2024
Recently built a new system with a 14900k system will boot fine but the second any amount of load is put on the processor all core's spike to High 90's to 100c and will fully shut down after a few seconds. I'm running an Arctic Freezer ii 360mm with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut which I just re-applied this morning to make sure I had good coverage and contact with the coldplate. I am using a Thermal Contact Frame as well. Intel stock settings are enforced in Bios and I've even undervolted the core to just shy of 1.4v and it's stable but still the processor can only handle a few seconds of load before entering meltdown. My AIO is running at max speed and I have an extremely aggressive fan curve on case and rad fans. Does anyone have any idea's or ran into this before? Is it just a faulty CPU or Board?

Full Specs
i9-14900k
ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E
RTX 4070 ti
Vengence DDR5 64gb
Acrtic Freezer ii 360mm
EVGA Supernova G7 1000w

Jan 6, 2024
Is your pump connected to a pump header and running at 100% rpm?

I would consider a defective pump or clogged lines as the most likely source of failure.
Yeah I'm on an AIO header, pump is running a little over 1900rpm which I believe is close to max for this model. Clogged lines would make sense though. I suppose I can get a new aio to test before I tear apart anything else.

Jan 6, 2024
Is your pump connected to a pump header and running at 100% rpm?

I would consider a defective pump or clogged lines as the most likely source of failure.
Went ahead and returned and swapped cooler's and looks like you were correct about the clogged line. New cooler is working like a charm and temps are looking good. Thank you for the help,