CPU Overheats And PC Shutsdown (BSOD)

Jul 31, 2018
Hi all! I've been having a problem, after 2 years of gaming, recently. My CPU overheats 10 minutes into gaming and "The Blue Screen Of Death" (BSOD) flashes all of a sudden and my PC restarts automatically. The CPU Temps go from 40-45°C to 55-62°C. Ill appreciate if someone could help me out.
Specs:
Intel Xeon W3540
12Gb Ddr2 Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 Asus 2GB

Solution

I thought that too. Just wanted to rule out the CPU cooler though so that's done.

Subhan2ali go on your browser and search for 'Prime95' and use it to run the test that uses the most power and usage. You can use Youtube to...
Well, the first thing to do is to pull off that cooler and give it a good clean, this including removing dust from the fan.

Use alcohol fluid on a dust cloth to slowly remove the thermal paste on both the cooler and CPU then leave to dry completely.

Then apply a pea-shaped amount of thermal compound onto the CPU then reinstall the CPU cooler carefully.

"The CPU Temps go from 40-45°C to 55-62°C."

This isn't overheating.
If it's only going to 62C and crashing, I think there is some other problem.

I thought that too. Just wanted to rule out the CPU cooler though so that's done.

Subhan2ali go on your browser and search for 'Prime95' and use it to run the test that uses the most power and usage. You can use Youtube to find out how to set up and use.

Leave it to run and if your pc makes a 'Click' noise and shuts off I think it may be the PSU.

FYI you haven't stated what PSU you have.

Solution