Question CPU Overvoltage Screen

Oct 24, 2022
A few months ago, I posted a post regarding an overvoltage error I was receiving every time I booted. (Post - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/cpu-overvoltage-error.3782623/#post-22845768) After around 4 months, the PC has been running fine with no noticeable problems, and I've routinely checked temps + hwinfo to ensure it's operations. Without a multimeter, I still can't verify this, but I've assumed my PC would've stopped working if a voltage that high was running through the parts for 4 months. I'm leaning towards believing that the issue was a bad voltage sensor/bios misread. With all that being said, it's still inconvenient to have to go to BIOS then select my boot drive to boot up my desktop every single time. I was wondering if there's anyway to disregard the error and make it so it wouldn't show up whatsoever, so my desktop would boot normally.

Lutfij

Titan
You know what you could do? The long path would be to see if your PSU in your build is showing the same issue when you use it on a donor system. If it does show up there, then the PSU is your culprit. What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? As a side note, what my colleague (in the linked thread)prior had stated was spot n, using a multimeter to be sure as opposed to leaving things to doubt.