[SOLVED] CPU PASTE QUESTION

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all,

MY cpu has been pasted last year in July with Arctic - MX4.
The Cpu is an I7 10700K.

My question is that how often is supposed to be re-paste the cpu? The Cpu has not been oc-d and the temps still looks okay. Even during gaming BF2042 not even hitting 70degrees.

Another question that I have an unopened Arctic - MX4 but i was stored it on my computer desk and in the room is not always room temperature especially when it is summertime it is kind of hot inside.
I bought this paste about 2 years ago.
Do you think it is still usable?

Thanks for your replies.

Solution
My question is that how often is supposed to be re-paste the cpu?
Generally, every time you remove the heatsink/cold plate from the IHS.
Paste is good for 3 or more years under there, but one should be taking their hardware out to clean at least once a year, IMO. The paste longevity argument doesn't seem to hold that much water to me because of that.

Yes, and besides, there's no harm done in testing it to be sure.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
My question is that how often is supposed to be re-paste the cpu?
Generally, every time you remove the heatsink/cold plate from the IHS.
Paste is good for 3 or more years under there, but one should be taking their hardware out to clean at least once a year, IMO. The paste longevity argument doesn't seem to hold that much water to me because of that.

Yes, and besides, there's no harm done in testing it to be sure.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Solution
Hi all,

MY cpu has been pasted last year in July with Arctic - MX4.
The Cpu is an I7 10700K.

My question is that how often is supposed to be re-paste the cpu? The Cpu has not been oc-d and the temps still looks okay. Even during gaming BF2042 not even hitting 70degrees.

Another question that I have an unopened Arctic - MX4 but i was stored it on my computer desk and in the room is not always room temperature especially when it is summertime it is kind of hot inside.
I bought this paste about 2 years ago.

Thanks for your replies.
You don't have to repaste as long as temps are good or you have to remove cooler. Mx4 is goodfor at least 3 years, they upgraded it recently.
As long as its properly sealed it's shelf life is about 5 years.