[SOLVED] CPU & PCI-E 4+4 pin cables to MOBO question

jhferry

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2002
Quick question. I am finally installing my ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming. The top of the MOBO has 2 4+4 connectors. I have a MSI ATX 3.0 PSU. The PSU has 2 sections called CPU & PCI-E. I'm not sure if I can just use the top CPU & PCI-E row or I have to use the CPU on the top and bottom. (the left side of CPU & PCI-E). I think I need to use the one labeled CPU on each row.
61j0k59eWnL._AC_.jpg

1024.png

Solution
Either will work! Meaning you can use the top two ports for the EPS connectors for the motherboard or the lower two. The question boils down to how you're doing your cable management. Ideally, if I were you, I'd make sure the top row was only used for EPS and (ofc)the 24pin main connector helps with tidier cable routing.

Lutfij

Titan
Either will work! Meaning you can use the top two ports for the EPS connectors for the motherboard or the lower two. The question boils down to how you're doing your cable management. Ideally, if I were you, I'd make sure the top row was only used for EPS and (ofc)the 24pin main connector helps with tidier cable routing.

Last edited:
Solution

jhferry

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2002
Im getting such mixed replies. Some are saying if I use the PCIe side on the top row I'll fry it. I imagine I can just use the left side (one from the top called CPU and one from the bottom labeled CPU). Unfortunately MSI isnt really detailed.

Last edited by a moderator: