CPU performance w/ workload

Makku293

Honorable
May 4, 2017
Sorry for my ignorance, but, I've always wondering... How to know how much workload my CPU can handle. I mean, I always use my PC with that question. How many programs can I run at the time w/o make it crush. I have a i5 6600K 3.5GHz, but, I'm worried about the quantity of programs that I open. There's a way to find it out?.

Regards

In terms of programs, it depends on what you're running. The amount of programs you can have up USUALLY is determined by your RAM capacity, not your CPU. However, if you want to render videos WHILE gaming, that may be where the system will buckle. Even in that scenario, your PC won't crash, it will just move very slowly until you free up some space.

You can render videos on the iGPU while gaming with the discreet,zero impact.
You could also use priority from task manager to put the video rendering to idle,that way it only works on the video if it means that nothing else will be impacted,so again zero impact.

Makku293

Honorable
May 4, 2017

Usually, I'm running: Aimp, Visual Studio 2015. SQL Server 2014, Sublime Text. 15 tabs (Some of them are YouTube at 1080p) on Firefox Quantum, 2 virtual desktops. My average quantity is about from 7 to 10 apps.

Thank You