CPU Performing way below expectations

Solution
The way I read that benchmark is it tells you two different things. One, how your computer is performing. Two, how it's performing compared to 'expectations'. For instance, the graphics part is judged against a 1070.

Since you have a laptop there are a lot of factors that might impact 'expectations' for the CPU. Battery saving mode sacrifices performance so the battery lasts longer on a charge, that's one example. Actual performance is what counts, not how you rank against expectations.

larrycumming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2018
download intel XTU and see if dialing up short duration current or power limit (forgot the exact wording) will give better benchmarks. it increases current limit during turbo boost

if you don't want to risk any chance at all of overheating or overvolting then just run everything stock setting the way it is. I doubt you'll miss much for everyday use

The way I read that benchmark is it tells you two different things. One, how your computer is performing. Two, how it's performing compared to 'expectations'. For instance, the graphics part is judged against a 1070.

Since you have a laptop there are a lot of factors that might impact 'expectations' for the CPU. Battery saving mode sacrifices performance so the battery lasts longer on a charge, that's one example. Actual performance is what counts, not how you rank against expectations.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS