[SOLVED] Cpu performing worse than should be

Aug 16, 2019
Hello,
So i have athlon x4 870k oc at 4.2ghz and the problem is that basic games like league of legends runs poorly(40-80fps), I tried loading optimized defaults in bios, oc more - nothing, still same. Other people have same cpu as me and hits 120 max settings in league, i dont get it. Please help.
Specs:
Cpu: amd athlon x4 870k 4.2 ghz
Ram: 8gb 1866mhz ddr3 team group
Gpu: gtx 1650
Mb: asus a68hm-k
Psu: technoware 500W

Btw temps are ok
Thanks!

Solution
Yes, your memory IS running at 1866mhz AND is in dual channel. I would address your PSU situation before looking at any other potential issues.

Don't look at cheap or generic models, that just puts you in the same place you are now. Read the recommendations I linked to in my first post. If you need region specific recommendations then I can usually help with that but I'd need to know WHERE you are located to do so.
First, your PSU is garbage, and is likely your entire problem. You'd be well advised to immediately consider replacing it with a much higher quality ~450w unit.

Additionally, do you have a single 8GB memory module or are you using 2 x4GB? Do you have the XMP profile for your memory enabled in the BIOS?

Does your motherboard have the MOST recent BIOS version installed?

Aug 16, 2019
First, your PSU is garbage, and is likely your entire problem. You'd be well advised to immediately consider replacing it with a much higher quality ~450w unit.

Additionally, do you have a single 8GB memory module or are you using 2 x4GB? Do you have the XMP profile for your memory enabled in the BIOS?

Does your motherboard have the MOST recent BIOS version installed?
Ty for replying
I have 2 4gb sticks, no option in bios for xmp, updated bios 1 month ago.

XMP options have been around since long before that platform was even a thing.

It may likely be called something different in your BIOS since this is an AMD motherboard. It may be called "AMP, A-XMP or since it is an ASUS motherboard, DOCP, because ASUS refuses to pay the royalty required to use the XMP nomenclature. Look again for one of those settings. Should be one of them in the BIOS.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0lQjIEeXFE

Looks like your memory is already set to 1866mhz.

Download CPU-Z. Install it. Click on the memory tab and take a screenshot.

Then, click on the SPD tab, select one of the slots that has memory installed from the drop down menu in the top left and take another screenshot after the fields are populated with the memory info. Post screenshots here.

Reactions: malkos420
Aug 16, 2019
Looks like your memory is already set to 1866mhz.

Download CPU-Z. Install it. Click on the memory tab and take a screenshot.

Then, click on the SPD tab, select one of the slots that has memory installed from the drop down menu in the top left and take another screenshot after the fields are populated with the memory info. Post screenshots here.
View: https://imgur.com/a/YDYDD76
View: https://imgur.com/a/qdGDPg5

Yes, your memory IS running at 1866mhz AND is in dual channel. I would address your PSU situation before looking at any other potential issues.

Don't look at cheap or generic models, that just puts you in the same place you are now. Read the recommendations I linked to in my first post. If you need region specific recommendations then I can usually help with that but I'd need to know WHERE you are located to do so.

Solution
Aug 16, 2019

Ok thank you.