Question CPU pick for RUST help

Sep 20, 2019
Hello, thanks for taking your time out to read this and hopefully give me your input.

Currently have a ASUS M5A99FX Pro 2.0 with a gtx 760 16GB DDR3 750+ PSU I do have a AMD 9590 but we know how hot those get and well I wish to play rust and other base games like rust but mainly rust what’s a good CPU any cpu for my board that will run Rust at high settings? I was thinking a 9370 AMD

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME 😊

Vineet is genius

Commendable
May 29, 2019
Well if you live in a hot area the 9370 also runs at 70-80°c at base clocks and the hot air conditions will increase the temperature further.....stock coolers won't do any good and you will have to purchase a new cooler anyways......also that 750 watt psu can handle the 9590 its more than enough so i suggest going with a single 120mm liquid cooler with the 9590 you already have!

Sep 20, 2019
Well if you live in a hot area the 9370 also runs at 70-80°c at base clocks and the hot air conditions will increase the temperature further.....stock coolers won't do any good and you will have to purchase a new cooler anyways......also that 750 watt psu can handle the 9590 its more than enough so i suggest going with a single 120mm liquid cooler with the 9590 you already have!

Like let me have you understand and maybe u know more but when I went into my bios that cpu was boiling up before I could do something computer shut off. And I’m tired of wasting money eaither new cpu or a cooler that will freeze this thing basically at this point u know 😂

Reactions: Vineet is genius

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Please stop spreading misinformation.

I would but see with my computer just turning on my cpu temps hits 60c than gets upto 140c before it kills because of the cpu heat.
That's not accurate at all. Throttle temp is 57C.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/fx-9590

That cpu should've incinerated 3x over.

Get AMD Overdrive and check temps while IDLE and while PLAYING Rust.
Overdrive reads a little differently: If at any point the cpu is below 10C, then it's thermal throttling.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019
Please stop spreading misinformation.

That's not accurate at all. Throttle temp is 57C.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/fx-9590

That cpu should've incinerated 3x over.

Get AMD Overdrive and check temps while IDLE and while PLAYING Rust.
Overdrive reads a little differently: If at any point the cpu is below 10C, then it's thermal throttling.
That’s not a thing before anything can load computer shit off bc of heat

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That’s not a thing before anything can load computer shit off bc of heat
What I said is true if you are actually hitting 140C via AMD Overdrive - the cpu would've melted before then.
My point is, whatever you're currently using to measure the temps of your FX-9590 is not properly reading them via AMD's own temperature algorithm.
You need to use AMD Overdrive in this case. But Overdrive reads as 'Distance to Throttle Temp', not Current Temp. https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/amd-overdrive
Whether idle or in the game, as long as it shows you're over 10C away from the throttle temp, then the cpu isn't overheating.

I don't know where the hell @Vineet is genius got the idea that a 120mm AIO will keep a 9590 cool - it bloody WON'T, that's misinformation.
The FX-9370 is just as stupidly hot and power hungry as the FX-9590. Nothing would change switching over to that one.

You don't mention what kind of cooler you have, but if you're not using one of the below examples, then the cpu is most likely overheating:
-Big air coolers, such as Noctua NH-D15, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
-Liquid coolers of at least 280mm or larger