Cpu power 8+4 pins.

mikezerv

Prominent
Jan 6, 2019
Hello team! So, i have an Aorus pro Gigabyte mobo with 9600k. I have connected the 8pin power from the psu to the mobo, but i can't make anything more than 4,8 ghz, or i get blue screen and game crash. My psu is EVGA 650 GQ, and has two cpu slots. CPU 1 and CPU2. Currently I'm using the cpu1 only which is 8 pins from the psu to the mobo.8 from psu to 4+4 at mobo. How do I use the additional 4 pins on the mobo? Do i just connect the cable from the psu box to the cpu 2 slot and the only 4 out of 8 at the mobo? Can this psu do the job? Thank you in advance.

Solution
CORRECT :)

I'm using the cpu1 only which is 8 pins from the psu to the mobo.8 from psu to 4+4 at mobo. How do I use the additional 4 pins on the mobo? Do i just connect the cable from the psu box to the cpu 2 slot and the only 4 out of 8 at the mobo?.......Yes

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
CORRECT :)

I'm using the cpu1 only which is 8 pins from the psu to the mobo.8 from psu to 4+4 at mobo. How do I use the additional 4 pins on the mobo? Do i just connect the cable from the psu box to the cpu 2 slot and the only 4 out of 8 at the mobo?.......Yes

Solution