cpu power connectors

shaheed SHD

Prominent
May 14, 2017
hi i want to know my old mobo had 4 pin power connector but my new mobo has 8 pin connector what is the use of another 4 pin connector for what reason extra 4 pin comes for, one says for extra onboard vga, and i want to know what is the voltage of extra 4 pin is it 12v, and is that 8 pin full 24 volts

Solution
That's impossible for that motherboard; it has to be some custom motherboard. An ATX PSU doesn't have a 24 volts rail. That person may have meant that some motherboards have a Molex connector that can be used if several high power GPUs are installed, but that probably isn't possible with your motherboard. I can't find a Gigabyte motherboard based on the H86 chipset.
That's impossible for that motherboard; it has to be some custom motherboard. An ATX PSU doesn't have a 24 volts rail. That person may have meant that some motherboards have a Molex connector that can be used if several high power GPUs are installed, but that probably isn't possible with your motherboard. I can't find a Gigabyte motherboard based on the H86 chipset.

Solution