r1dyk

Prominent
Jul 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a very strange problem with my ASUS GR8 II mini PC. It has i7 7700 and a GTX 1060 6 GB. The problem i am having is, that my CPU is always power throttling and that means reducing it's power to just 8% that's around 0,79 GHz which is basically unusable.
The problem is that this ocured out of a sudden and I've tried everything, new windows install, new bios install everything and nothing helps. I have an external power adapter which has 230W supply. Power throttling happens straight away when i turn on the PC, don't have to do anything...

I now have various hardware detection software and noticed that my whole PC is consuming 170W of power when I am not doing anything at all! My CPU and GPU combined consumes 20W and where's the other 150W??

Can anyone help me with this, if you need any more details let me please know.

Here is the picture with info usually it jumps around 150W

Please i am desperate, to anyone who would help me I would be so grateful.

Thank you.

r1dyk

Prominent
Jul 8, 2018
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? We're currently on 1903. You might also want to share which BIOS version you're currently on. Might also want to see if you have any MEI firmware updates pending after the BIOS update.

Hi,

currently on 1903, BIOS version is 0401, and my MEI version is 11.7.0.1014, it's not offering any updates, is there anywhere I can check?

Thanks.