CPU Preformance Degraded

thefrozenwaffle

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018
Okay so I upgraded my old cpu from a ryzen 3 1200 to a ryzen 7 2700. When I installed it, everything had looked fine, but whenever I tried playing my games they would just crash out of no where. I figured that this might be the power supply so I upgraded my EVGA 450 watt bronze to a 750 watt Gold plus. That fixed the issue but then I ran cinebench. My score was anywhere from 800 to 900. While before I replaced the power supply, my score was 1,500. I don't know what the hell happened. Maybe I screwed something up while I was setting up my psu since this is my first time I've done something like this. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

Specs:
gpu: GTX 1060 3gb
cpu: Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard: B350 Gaming Pro
ram: Corsair vengeance 8gb
Power supply: EVGA 750 GQ

thefrozenwaffle

Prominent
Feb 19, 2018

How would I be able to check this? I tried using AIDA64 but that it only checks for thermal throttling on intels chips. I also don't see a way that I might have done anything to the cooler since it is on there pretty tight. I don't see how I might have bumped it loose. Also I have msi afterburner on when I play games and the usual temps are around 50 to 55 Celsius. I've been running the AIDA64 stability test for like 7 minutes and my screen froze twice for like 2 or 3 seconds. Idk if this is a sign of thermal throttling or not since my max temp so far is 65 Celsius.

Update: I've been running the AIDA64 stability test for 5 minutes and I saw my screen freeze up for about 2 or 3 seconds like twice. I just finished it for 20 minutes and never went up 66 Celsius.