Most utd BIOS and 1 stick of ram.....a 3.2 PIV is where it tops out at I
believe.
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/fsb800.aspx

Jim

"Dennis" <Howdy Doody@howdydoody.net> wrote in message
>I have a P4PE MB. What is the fastest CPU that this
> MB will accept?
>
> TIA!,
>
> Dennis

egois_amq

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
I have problem with motherboard asus p4vp-mx P4 18 Ghz Celeron,where ATX power swicth do not want to work. I have tried changes power supply but permanent cannot work. But I see in the motherboard indicator standby power led it's on

If you turn the PSU on, does the machine come on before you hit the power switch, then shut off a few seconds later? And then the power button doesn't work? If so, the power button is shorted closed.
If you turn the PSU on, and the standby comes on, but nothing happens when you push the button, it may be open or have bad wires. If you pull the switch plug off of its pins and briefly short those two pins with a screwdriver, paperclip, or similar metal object, does it turn on?