AntonioHimself

Prominent
Dec 24, 2020
This may be a really dumb question but is the CPU, whenever the temperature increases, meant to make not just the CPU fan ramp up but ALL the PC fans? i don't think I've had this issue before... asking because i have 6 fans (2 for water cooling) (4 pc fans) and as you can guess... it gets loud, specially if my temp goes to like 70 degrees and that's because Ryzen 5 3600 unfortunately has high temps (OC)

Solution
This may be a really dumb question but is the CPU, whenever the temperature increases, meant to make not just the CPU fan ramp up but ALL the PC fans? i don't think I've had this issue before... asking because i have 6 fans (2 for water cooling) (4 pc fans) and as you can guess... it gets loud, specially if my temp goes to like 70 degrees and that's because Ryzen 5 3600 unfortunately has high temps (OC)
Assuming the fans are connected to motherboard fan headers....the headers will follow one of several temps sensors: the CPU(Tdie/Tctl), the VRM or a motherboard sensor somewhere. They frequently default to (Tdie/Tctl) and a fairly tight curve which means they spin up and down with even slight rise and falls in temperature...
Assuming the fans are connected to motherboard fan headers....the headers will follow one of several temps sensors: the CPU(Tdie/Tctl), the VRM or a motherboard sensor somewhere. They frequently default to (Tdie/Tctl) and a fairly tight curve which means they spin up and down with even slight rise and falls in temperature.

Check your BIOS to see which is the case for your motherboard and to customize the curve to something better. You don't really need to start spinning the fans up below about 65-70C, so a flat curve that's not to loud for you. Then above that rising slowly as you feel comfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntonioHimself
Solution