Question Cpu random spikes for no reasons

xenqth

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
This has been occurring a lot lately. Examples are whenever I do anything like opening chrome, opening task manager or just simply clicking anything. CPU spikes happen at any given moment and I'm not talking about it randomly spiking to 100%. Here's a screenshot of whats happening whenever the spikes occur :https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/605060836486283264/690827484597452870/unknown.png

PC specs are :
Ryzen 5
16gb of ram
1660ti
psu etc...
everything on my computer is also on a 500GB SSD (123GB free out of 474GB)
Lemme know if you guys need more information about my hardware or software

When it spikes, reverse the list so that it shows what is causing the spike at the top of the list. You can do this by clicking the CPU tab itself. That should help us narrow down what is causing the spikes. Other reasons can also be viruses and malware, run a malware and virus scan on your PC.

xenqth

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
For the spikes tab in task manager. there is no indication of anything causing the cpu spike. Everything in the cpu tab is at 0%
For a virus scan does a full scan from windows defender work? (one where it restarts your pc and takes about 15mins to do )
Edit : theres this buzzing noise i can hear whenever the spikes happen. like i just hear a bzzzzzz through my headphones

Last edited:

xenqth

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
heres more screen shots https://media.discordapp.net/attach...16697542746/unknown.png?width=1442&height=659
the blue line part just goes crazy when it happens
i did a sfc /scannow and got this message:
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Last edited:

xenqth

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
After the repair, are you still seeing issues?
it was okay for a while but it happened again while i was moving around the wires of my headset cuz it was dead, after plugging my headset out and restarted my computer it is fine again. not too sure why but i'll keep you up to date if it happens again.