CPU Randomly getting 100% usage

Jayden_13

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
i was playing BFV on Saturday when it started but i didnt care much to check into it thinking it was the heat but the problem is ongoing and i cant play anything without getting lower frames. i stopped multiple services stopped so many items via task manager but nothing has changed.

My spec:
CPU: intel i5-7500
GPU AMD radeon 580x series
1tb HDD
win 10
im not too sure what mobo im running but ive had this build for almost a year now and this is first time this is happening im happy to post specs aswell if you guys need them

Let's make sure all Windows updates are downloaded/applied, then try to see what task manager looks like with no browser open. Task Manager should show what processes are causing high cpu usage when sorting them, highest at top, etc....

HWmonitor will normally show a CPU idling at 800 MHz or so, with brief bursts to 1.2, 2 GHz, etc., every few seconds during normal WIn10 operation. UNder heavy load, clock speeds should go to max base clock,with one core at max turbo...

(Perhaps a Windows update or GPU driver update went bad, leaving the system in a confused state...; do you have the option of rolling back via system restore to a point about one-two weeks ago, assuming the system worked OK then?)

Jayden_13

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

so i cant add an image but i have scanned it with that malware bytes product and nothing came up i'll try rolling back the drives again to see if that works
i also looked through the process explorer and nothing sus came up i've updated windows and rolled back the drivers to no avail