Question CPU Randomly overheats - Restart fixes it??

Apr 9, 2022
Hello all - I have a two week old gaming PC that I bought from iBuyPower. A few days ago, I would start the PC and noticed the fans were on full blast so I checked the specs and the CPU core temp's were at 95-100 C. I simply restarted the computer and the temps went back down to 21-25 C. Same thing happened to me this morning - computer turned on and the CPU's were overheating... two restarts later, the CPU's were back to normal temps. I have no idea why this randomly happens. Does anyone have any ideas on how to look into this and, hopefully, fix this issue? Greatly appreciate the time and help here.

Note: I added a Gigabyte GC-Maple Ridge Thunderport card last week.

My specs:

CaseiBUYPOWER Slate MONO MR Tempered Glass ARGB
ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-12700KF Processor (8X 3.60GHz + 4X 2.70GHz /25MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingiBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Memory32GB [8GB x 4] DDR4-3600MHz RGB
Video CardGeForce RTX 3070 Ti - 8GB GDDR6X (VR-Ready)
Storage1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
MotherboardZ690 DDR4
Power Supply750 Watt - 80 PLUS Gold Certified
Internal Wireless NetworkPCIe or On-Board Wireless Network
Operating SystemWindows 11 Home

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Is this the same AIO seen in this video:
View: https://youtu.be/0RvIsMAhz14?t=779

?

MSI had the same pump design whereby it was in the radiator and they've been recalled, most likely MSI will skip their go -to-manufacturer.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Might want to see what the make and model of the board is.

Apr 9, 2022
Thank you for the warm welcome and the helpful link, Lutfij! I will watch it when I get back in front of my computer to see if it can address the problem. I have a warranty and may just end up calling iBuypower on Monday.

Here are my specs:
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. F4, 11/10/2021
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product Z690 UD AX DDR4

Thank you again