CPU randomly started running hot

RealtorRob

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
Hello,
All of the games that I play have been experiencing very low frame rates, when normally they run at 50-60fps. So, I thought I needed to restart my computer and when I did, I got a high CPU temp warning. I downloaded a CPU temp reader and at idle my CPU is at 80c. I applied new thermal paste and tried to get lower temps, but still very high temperatures and low frame rates. I have a Corsair H100i. Another weird thing is that my CPU load is abnormally high, even when playing games like old call of duty games, my CPU is almost pegged at 100%. Not sure whats going on, but pretty sure the low frame rates are due to the CPU throttling because of the heat, but the CPU load is also almost maxed out, so if the CPU was throttling due to heat, would it still max out? any suggestion would be helpfully. I have an i5 4670k

Solution
Most listen/feel for a tiny hum/vibration with other fans shutoff so it can be heard/felt, but, your symptoms are just short of screaming 'my pump is not... pumping'....and, far too common with assorted AIOs....(only my opinion there)

RealtorRob

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Really? I did'nt know that was a thing. Any way to test it?

Most listen/feel for a tiny hum/vibration with other fans shutoff so it can be heard/felt, but, your symptoms are just short of screaming 'my pump is not... pumping'....and, far too common with assorted AIOs....(only my opinion there)

Solution