Question CPU Reaches 100C even at 15% usage

Jan 23, 2022
So, I booted up my PC about 2 minutes ago and opened HWMonitor to see all my cores at the max temp. Of course, this is causing many performance issues, and I believe the issue may be the cooler, but I haven't been feeling any heat coming from the cooler. I'm using an NZXT Kraken liquid AIO (x53).
Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING
i7-9700K
I'm going to re-install the stock cooler to see if anything changes, but besides that, I'm not really certain what I can do.

kanewolf

Titan
So, I booted up my PC about 2 minutes ago and opened HWMonitor to see all my cores at the max temp. Of course, this is causing many performance issues, and I believe the issue may be the cooler, but I haven't been feeling any heat coming from the cooler. I'm using an NZXT Kraken liquid AIO (x53).
Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING
i7-9700K
I'm going to re-install the stock cooler to see if anything changes, but besides that, I'm not really certain what I can do.
The liquid cooler should have some monitoring software. What does that say the pump RPM is?

Jan 23, 2022
The screen doesn't show up for whatever reason. I tried downloading the NZXT CAM software to check my RPM, but it was stuck on 0. The strange thing about it is that I can feel the cooler cooling the CPU, so that's why I wanted to try the stock cooler to see if that made any difference. I still don't feel any heat coming from the CPU, so I'm going to do that and give an update.

kanewolf

Titan
The screen doesn't show up for whatever reason. I tried downloading the NZXT CAM software to check my RPM, but it was stuck on 0. The strange thing about it is that I can feel the cooler cooling the CPU, so that's why I wanted to try the stock cooler to see if that made any difference. I still don't feel any heat coming from the CPU, so I'm going to do that and give an update.
If the RPM is stuck at zero, and your temps are high, the most likely thing is either the pump has come unplugged or has failed.