[SOLVED] CPU reaching 100 degrees.

Oct 19, 2020
I heard that performance issues can arise when your CPU reaches about 75-80 something and mine reaches 98 on heavier CPU bound games. I haven't reapplied thermal paste in 2 years and I did take off the CPU cooler once already and I did not apply thermal paste after I put the CPU cooler back. I think that is causing the issue, but I just want to be sure about it. I also do have a very old CPU (Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo) cooler that honestly I don't think should be cooling an i7-8700k, what do you think?

Solution
I=f you are saying you have no thermal paste between cooler and cpu right now then you definitely need to urn off pc till you can apply more.
Oct 19, 2020
I heard that performance issues can arise when your CPU reaches about 75-80 something and mine reaches 98 on heavier CPU bound games. I haven't reapplied thermal paste in 2 years and I did take off the CPU cooler once already and I did not apply thermal paste after I put the CPU cooler back. I think that is causing the issue, but I just want to be sure about it. I also do have a very old CPU (Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo) cooler that honestly I don't think should be cooling an i7-8700k, what do you think?

I forgot to meantion that I could very be having no thermal paste at all since they could have removed it when taking the parts off of my pc when I shipped it.